Financial Aid Office
The Financial Aid Office is here to assist you with the process of applying for financial aid. We are dedicated to helping with all financial aid questions and committed to improving the financial literacy of our students. You can reach out to us at any time if you have questions about funding your education at MVCC.
Where do I start?
The first step to receiving financial aid begins with the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). All grant, loan, and work-study applicants need to complete this application to determine eligibility for need-based financial aid programs. Check our our step-by-step instructions on how to apply for financial aid.
The current FAFSA is the 2020-2021 FAFSA, which will be used for Spring 2021. You will need your 2018 IRS federal income tax information to complete the 2020-2021 FAFSA.
If you are applying for the Summer 2021, Fall 2021, or Spring 2022 semesters, you will need to complete the 2021-2022 FAFSA, which requires 2019 IRS federal tax information.
Am I eligible?
To be eligible for financial aid, you must meet the following requirements:
- You must be a U.S. citizen, or eligible non-citizen (green card holder)
- You must have a high school diploma or G.E.D.
- You must be enrolled in a degree program (matriculated)
- You cannot be in default of student loans
- You must be making good academic progress according to the federal guidelines found on our Standards of Academic Progress page.
- You must complete any additional documentation that the Financial Aid Office might request
MVCC school codes
- FAFSA school code: 002871
- NYS TAP school code: 2105