Benefits of EOP
In addition to the academic support, supplemental economic aid, and ready support system built in to the program, EOP also:
- Provides a counselor who serves as a mentor and supports EOP students with their entire academic journey.
- Connects students to meaningful available support services within the program, on campus, and in the surrounding community.
- Allows students to earn college credit during the Pre-Freshman Orientation and Summer Enrichment Academy (Mandatory).
- Increases the preparedness of EOP students entering into four-year schools and the workforce.
- Cultivates student leaders who will impact their regional and global communities.
- Provides Supplies Awards to cover the costs of books and supplies through a direct aid award. These awards are to be used for academic supply purchases only.
- Provides Direct Aid Awards as modest assistance to cover the cost of college expenses other than tuition.
- Welcomes and immerses students in an EOP family through which they can access life-long support and networking, and provides a pipeline of support for future generations of EOP students. Once accepted into the program, students are forever “Proud to be EOP.”