Free and open to the public!
Friday, Oct. 18, 8:30 am-2 p.m.
Jorgensen Athletic and Events Center
1101 Sherman Drive, Utica, NY, 13501
- Interactive Exhibits Featuring NYS Products/Technology
- Educational Exhibits Providing STEM Pathways
- Workforce Development Exhibits Connecting Job Seekers with Manufacturers
Career Exploration Fair,
High School students, teachers, guidance counselors and parents are invited to visit interactive exhibits, talk with manufacturers about job opportunities, and find educational programs to prepare for those jobs. MVCC Campus and FABLab tours available!
Job Fair, noon-2 p.m.
College students and job seekers bring your resumes! Come talk to company representatives about internships, apprenticeships and full time employment!
Participating employers will be able to post their internship and job opportunities on the Career Services’ Purple Briefcase site prior to the event. The office will promote the event and positions to students. Once students apply to the various roles there will be an opportunity for the employer to schedule an on campus interview day to interview the students who meet the qualifications for the role.
For Manufacturers and Educators
For Students and Parents
Based upon data from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics and Gallup Survey, over the next decade, nearly 3.5 million manufacturing jobs will be needed and it is expected that 2 million will go unfilled due to the skills gap.
In 2015, the average manufacturing worker in the United States earned $81,289 annually, including pay and benefits. The average worker in all nonfarm industries earned $63,830.
- AIM Photonics
- Andela Products
- Bartell Machinery Systems, LLC
- C.B.I. Professional Wiring Systems
- Corning Incorporated
- CVD Equipment
- Danfoss Silicon Power
- Edwards Vacuum LLC
- F.X. Matt Brewing Company
- Fiber Instrument Sales
- G&K Services, a Division of Cintas
- HP Hood
- Indium Corporation
- International Wire Group
- Keyence Corporation of America
- Kwik-Kut Manufacturing
- Marquardt Switches, Inc.
- Meyda Lighting
- Miller 3D Printing
- MSI Molding Solutions
- M+W Group
- Naval Nuclear Laboratory
- OBG (O'Brien & Gere)
- Oriskany Manufacturing
- Owl Wire and Cable LLC
- Panasonic Eco Solar Solutions NY
- Pratt & Whitney - HMI
- Riverhawk Company
- Sherrill Manufacturing/ Liberty Tabletop
- Sigma Advanced Materials
- Special Metals Corporation
- Syracuse Supply Machine Tools
- The Fountainhead Group, Inc.
- The Raymond Corporation
- Troy Industrial Solutions
- UTC Aerospace Systems
- Varflex Corporation
- Williams Tool
- Advanced Institute for Manufacturing (AIM)
- American Apprenticeship Initiative
- BOCES Consortium of Continuing Education
- Clear Path For Veterans
- Fulton Montgomery Community College
- Herkimer College
- HFM P-Tech Early College High School
- NYS Department of Labor
- OHM BOCES
- P-TECH OHM
- SAE Baja Club
- SUNY Polytechnic Institute
- Tooling U - SME
- Workforce Development Institute