Mohawk Valley YouthBuild is a program that engages at-risk, low-income youth ages 18 to 24 who need to complete their high school education and develop career skills. We foster an environment of mutual respect, positive attitudes, hands-on learning, and a love for yourself and community.
YouthBuild prepares you to:
- Earn a high school equivalency diploma by successfully passing the TASC exam
- Gain job skills, earn certificates, and build a resume
- Plan for job placement
- Enter a college program
- Be trained in construction or hospitality careers
- Earn money through stipends and wages
- Become part of a supportive family system
- 18 to 24 years old
- In need of a high school equivalency diploma
You must also meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Have a disability
- Be low-income
- Be in the foster care system
- Be an adult and/or youthful offender
- Be the child of an incarcerated parent
Office: 524 Elizabeth St. in Utica, N.Y.
"Once in YouthBuild always in YouthBuild"