Club Travel Procedures
General Policies: Participants are responsible for their own behavior while on the field trip and agree to pay for any loss or damage to property or individuals caused by the participant. Participants shall hold harmless the officers, employees and Trustees of Mohawk Valley Community College, the officers of the sponsoring group and the officers of the Student Congress of Mohawk Valley Community College from any loss or injury to themselves while a participant on this field trip. This information sheet has been filled out based on information supplied to the Student Activities Office by the sponsoring organization.
Title IX – SUNY SAFE – Title IX means no person in the United States shall, on the basis of sex, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any education program or activity receiving federal financial assistance. Protections also extend to sexual harassment and sexual assault or violence that impairs or interferes with access to equitable educational and employment opportunities. For the most current information please visit: www.mvcc.edu/titleix.
Club Travel Rules
Insurance and Risk Assumption: Participants should have sufficient health insurance (accident, motor vehicle, disability, and hospitalization) to cover themselves during participation in this activity; participants are responsible for any expenditure not covered by their insurance or their failure to have insurance coverage.
Participants assume full responsibility for any physical or emotional injury, loss of personal property, or other damages.
Participants agree that if they use their own vehicle or are a passenger in another participant’s vehicle the College assumes no responsibility for any physical or emotional injury, economic loss, loss of personal property, or other damages that may result from that use.
Participants will conform to the Student Code of Conduct. Participants agree what while engaging in this activity, should any College employee, or agent of the College, or other person in authority issue a directive to cease any action or behavior such directives will be complied with. Failure to do so may result in stopping the immediate participation in the activity or may stop future participation.
Participants understand that the College reserves to make cancellations, changes or substitutions in cases of emergency or changed conditions. Any College official or agent of the College may make changes that are warranted to be in the best interest of the College and to protect the health and safety of participants including termination of the activity.
If the participant is a minor (under the age of 18 at the time of reading this web page) a signature of a parent or guardian is needed. Such signature indicates the full acceptance by the signatory of all terms and conditions of this agreement.
Carefully read this document. It releases the College from any liability (personal injury, loss of property, etc.) as a resulty of particupation in the above activity.
I have carefully read and understand this web page. I hereby release and hold harmless the College from any claim, demand, injury, damage, action, or causes whatsoever, as a result of my participation in the above named activity.
Club Travel Code of Conduct Agreement
This agreement is made between the participant and the College. As used herein “the College” shall mean: Mohawk Valley Community College its sponsors, trustees, officers, and employees; the Student Congress of Mohawk Valley Community College its officers, administrators, employees and any Student Congress chartered clubs or organizations; the Auxiliary Services Corporation its officers and employees; and the Mohawk Valley Community College Dormitory Corporation its officers and employees.
By reading this you agree to the following behaviors and consequences while participating in college authorized student travel.
- Your are a student or employee, or the guest of a student or employee, of the College and will conduct myself in an adult manner accepting full responsibility for my actions and behaviors. Furthermore, you submit yourself to the Student Code of Conduct as written in the Student Handbook/Planner.
- You understand that the College is not responsible for you or your actions.
- You understand that the College is responsible only for the travel arrangements as outlined in the itinerary.
- You understand the College is not responsible for any of your personal belongings.
You will follow the itinerary provided to you and realize that if you deviate from that, you will hold harmless the College for any missed transportation, admissions, meals, or other items included in the itinerary.
Failure to follow the itinerary may result in being left to find your own transportation back to MVCC.
- You understand that if transportation is being provided by a public carrier the operator (or employee of the operator) is in charge and you agree to follow the operator’s directions or orders.
- You agree to not consume any alcoholic beverage or ingest any illegal substance while participating in this activity.
- You agree that your participation in this travel may be revoked at any time during the travel and you hold harmless the College from any loss as outlined in the itinerary or expenditures to return to MVCC.
I have read and understand the above.